CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Humane Society of Charlotte is celebrating Adopt A Senior Pet Month this November by offering adoption discounts on select animals.
The month of November is nationally recognized as Adopt A Senior Pet Month, and to honor this month, the Humane Society is determined to help as many senior pets as possible find their new furever home.
Some senior dog adoptions will feature a 50 percent discount, and senior cat adoptions are “Name Your Own Price.”
HSC officials say with each adoption they move closer to their goal of completing 3,000 adoptions in 2021.
“My 15-year-old rescue beagle passed away in February 2020 and I thought my heart would never be mended. Luckily for me, a sweet senior pitbull named Leroy stole my heart the first moment I laid eyes on him,” said HSC Volunteer Programs Manager, Danielle Thibodeau. “It’s an honor to provide his last years with the love he deserves and I would highly recommend anyone considering adopting to open their hearts to the senior pets. They are looking for a second chance on a new family and will fill your home with so much love.”
HSC lists the top 5 reasons to adopt a senior dog:
- Senior pets are often house trained.
- Senior pets are often familiar with basic commands & manners.
- Senior pets are typically more relaxed and have outgrown their “puppy” or “kitty” energy.
- Senior pets typically require less supervision and training.
- Seniors appreciate their humans more! They know that they’ve been rescued and they are so thankful!
Senior dogs and cats are available for adoption at the Humane Society of Charlotte by appointment.
Click here to schedule an appointment and to learn more.